[windows2000] Re: Lan Problems

  • From: Jim.Walls@xxxxxxx
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 20:22:47 -0800

Josh Tobin said:
> I have a Windows 2000 network with 125 end users. My question is
> does anyone know of a utility that can detect network latency
> (preferably GUI interface). The app responds good one minute and
> the next it is incredibly slow. The app is running on a beefy
> Compaq DL-380. Any help would be appreciated.=20

Josh,
      How is your network configured?  By that I mean, are all 125 users on
a common 10 Base-T via hubs, or each PC on a dedicated 100 Base-T port from
a switch, or most likely somthing in between.  How heavily loaded is it?

Jim Walls - K6CCC
k6ccc@xxxxxxxxx
Mobile Radio Operations
Southern California Edison Co.