[windows2000] Keyboard

  • From: "M. Mahnkey" <mm242@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 05:36:52 -0700

Is this a new, usb, or wireless keyboard?

Works this way with an old ps/2 keyboard.  I tried my known good M$ ergo, with
both ps/2 and USB.

While using the USB only, she can type ok, while using in ps/2 only mode she
cannot.

Hope that helps, as I am still puzzled.  I will look for the keystroke logger
too, as she is, well, a Jerry Springer candidate, and one of her "friends"
could have very well put one on

Mark

M. Mahnkey wrote:

| Ok, a light duty question for you heavy duty folks.
|
| I have a clueless neighbor who has a Dell P-III SFF, whose machine has
been humming along.

| She is a Power User.
|
| Suddenly, ( I know, I know) the keyboard fails to work when she tries
to log in.  If I log in as admin, it works great.  If I log in as admin
and log out, then she can log in, but on a fresh boot, if she tries to
log in, she cannot even type in her password.