[windows2000] Re: Joining a domain via dial up networking

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 15:26:48 -0400

I do it over VPN-over-dial-up, but never tried direct dial-up before.

It's all about the DNS... try setting the DNS servers entries on the
client to the IP addresses of your corporate DNS servers, and then have
him hit the dial-up connection.

And make sure there aren't any protocol blocking agents (i.e.,
firewalls) in the way...

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.

________________________________

From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Nik Hunt
Posted At: Wednesday, October 12, 2005 2:24 PM
Posted To: Windows 2000
Conversation: [windows2000] Joining a domain via dial up networking
Subject: [windows2000] Joining a domain via dial up networking

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possibe to join a domain using dial up
networking.

One of my users is in Spain and somehow his laptop is no longer on the
domain.

I've tried initiating a direct dial-up networking connection to a remote
access server on my domain and then going through the join domain wizard
without success.

Any ideas?