[windows2000] Re: Is there a tool to strip the comments field from W2K shares?

  • From: "Robert K Coffman Jr - Info From Data Corporation" <bcoffman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 10:37:53 -0400

Would hiding those shares help?

- Bob Coffman

-----Original Message-----
From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Angus Macdonald
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 10:03 AM
To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [windows2000] Re: Is there a tool to strip the comments field
from W2K shares?

The majority of these machines are Windows 95 and therefore don't support
mapping drive letters to subfolders of shares and the thought of showing the
users a common folder with 600 home directories in it and saying "yours is
in there" doesn't appeal! Most of these people can't even remember their own
names to login. They demand that U: points to their own home directory.

I've got Dameware on a machine here so I'll give that a go.