[windows2000] Interesting Windows 2000 problem.

  • From: "Gary Holbrook" <gholbrook@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 11:22:48 -0500

Good morning!

I've got an interesting problem with Windows 2000 that one of you may have
dealt with.  I'm in a Windows 2000 environment, including to domain
controllers\file servers and 5 Citrix terminal servers.  We are using group
policy and folder redirection to changed the users' appdata, favorites, and My
Documents to the u: drive (network mapped).

Sometimes, without any obvious provocation, one of the terminal servers comes
to a screeching halt.  It doesn't blue-screen or anything, but its performance
becomes so poor that it appears locked up.  It isn't though, and if I go to the
file server and manage the server, go to shared folders, and then start
deleting sessions from the terminal server in question, it will suddenly spring
back to life.  It's also noteworthy that while it's "frozen" CPU usage drops to
0.

Thanks,
Gary