[windows2000] Re: Inaccessible_Boot_Device Error

  • From: drtester@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 12:25:54 -0500

Is there any way to make Windows 2000 install on top of itself without
wiping out stuff, like it does when you go to do an upgrade from a
previous OS?  It seems that whatever flag is set when you run the Win2k
disk in another OS should be able to be set.

There are a number of times I've had a Win2k install that lacked a
certain required file (some bozo deleted more than he should have), and
there's no way I've seen so far that lets you keep all your programs,
registry intact.