[windows2000] Re: ISA Server

  • From: "Jensen, Douglas" <douglas.jensen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 08:09:04 -0500

Thanks for your response.
Yes I did all that.

I found the following at ISAserver.org

>http://www.isaserver.org/faq/firewall_specific/#faq913
>
>I'm trying to reach a site with SSL on port 3000 (https://www...:3000).
When
>packet filtering is enabled, I cannot aces the site. When I disable it, I
can
>access the site. How can I make this work with packet filtering?
>
>    Date - Apr 05, 2001       Author - Stephen Chetcuti
>ISA Server allows only tunnel connections to port 443 and 563
(Secure-news). If
>a client attempts to connect to a secure site that is running on a port
other
>than 443 or 563, the connection fails".
>  [back top]

I will now try disabling packet filtering and see if that works.

If not, I can just bypass the firewall for the demo and then put it back in.
Maybe I can set up as small subnet that bypasses the firewall and leave the
rest of the office behind it.

I wish they would have just stuck with the standard 443 port for SSL.

Douglas Jensen
Douglas.Jensen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Voice (952) 402-9821
Fax    (952) 402-9815