[windows2000] Re: How to tighten up your network - suggestions

  • From: Richard Bruce <richardbruce@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 19:16:07 +0000

I gotta go with the solution in Snyder's environment ;-)> I've dealt with kids
like this before. No matter how many holes we plug, they'll find new ones. You
can even put them to work - but would you TRUST them with your network or
sensitive data? They ONLY way to put a stop to it have consequences for their
actions - and impose them!

Richard Eells

> Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 18:30:00 +0000
> Subject: [windows2000] Re: How to tighten up your network - suggestions
> From: berny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> OK,
>
> Maybe it's just me, but you gotta admit, that's inventive!
>
> I would be asking him if he has considered a career in IT
>
> Berny
>
> 2009/3/26 Patrick <london31uk@xxxxxxxxx>:
> > ok guys, after some serious talking to, the kid has decided to let us in on
> > some of his tricks.
> >

> > 1.      Download zip files allows him to get to the C: drive by being able
> > to access the Temp Internet files.
> >
> > 2.      If he disconnects the computer from the network, it installs a local
> > profile for him, giving him access to the C: drive and the “Run” command.
> >
> > 3.      He  runs a “compressed” cmd file from within PowerPoint.
> >
> > 4.      By running “Find Printer” he is able to find users accounts.
> >
> > 5.      He accesses “command.com” (the equivalent of cmd.exe).
> >
> > 6.      He runs cmd.exe to get to files on the servers.
> >

> > Should this kid not be studying, rather than keeping me busy?
> >

> > Anyway, just thought to share.
> >

> > Thanks
> >
> > Patrick

Quick access to Windows Live and your favorite MSN content with Internet
Explorer 8.