[windows2000] Re: Hosts file link

  • From: "Chris Ruggeri" <cruggeri@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 10:02:58 -0700

We also use freeware called adaware, which seems to work pretty well......
it runs on your taskbar, has a pretty current list, and if an ad does pop
up...u can click on the taskbar and add that one to the list of popups to
block....seems to work pretty well...have 2 pc's right next to each other
one running adaware and has the list that Jim sent out, the other with
nothing.....obviously inundated with popups. I put the link to dowload.com
site below. HTH

Chris

http://download.com.com/3000-2094-10045910.html?legacy=cnet