[windows2000] Re: Hosts file link

  • From: "Costanzo, Ray" <rcostanzo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 15:40:35 -0500

I run "popup stopper" usually.  One of the things I don't like about it
is that it will it stops "popups" from the quick launch bar.  Like, if
you try to launch IE from your quick launch, it prevents it from
opening, as it interprets that as a popup.  Also, it stops about 80% of
the popups, not 100%.  But for a free program that works most of the
time, I am NOT complaining.  What I typically do now though, is whenever
I go to a site that I know if going to pop up a bunch of junk, like
dictionary.com, nascar.com, nba.com, I'll use Mozilla.  That has an
option right in it for preventing popups.

Ray at work

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com