[windows2000] Re: Help with GPO

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://ThinHelp.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 11:58:31 -0700 (PDT)

This is a native template Bill,  get the latest 2003 SP1 templates. Download
and install the GPMC at
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/gpmc/default.mspx and you will get
the templates too.
  Jim

"Beckett, William (Bill)" <bill.> wrote:
      Guys, can you tell me how to import a setting into a GPO which is not
native to the default templates in 2000? Example - I am trying to disable
balloon tips via a GPO. I know how to do this on XP with the HKCU key but I
want to do this globally so it affects everyone on a Terminal Server box. The
location would be Admin Templates - Start Menu and Taskbar with an option to
Remove Balloon Tips and Start Menu Items but this setting is not there. How do
I import or create that setting?

Jim Kenzig
    Microsoft MVP - Terminal Services
  Citrix Technology Professional