[windows2000] Hard Linking a folder on one server to a folder on another server.

  • From: "Steve Rance" <Steve.Rance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 11:39:46 -0000

Any ideas on this one;

I have two file servers, and have moved a number of the data folders
from one to the other (running out of space on FILESVR1).  My question-
is it possible to make it look and act like the moved folders are still
where are were.

To explain fuller;

F: is mapped as \\FILESVR1\Company <file:///\\FILESVR1\Company>

G: is mapped as \\FILESVR2\Company <file:///\\FILESVR2\Company>

If I had F:\AFolder which was moved to G:\AFolder can I make it look and
act like "AFolder" is still on the F: drive.   I know that I can make a
shortcut to it but the two problems with that is (1) It is treated as a
file in the listing - ie in with the files and not folders), and (2) if
you use UP to go back you go up to G:\ and not F:\.

FILESVR1 is a Windows 2000 Server, and FILESVR2 is Windows Server 2003.

Thanks,

Steve