[windows2000] Re: HP T5100

  • From: "Jim Kenzig ThinHelp.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 18:10:48 -0500

I haven't tried this before but I wonder if you got a USB to parallel
adapter and hooked it to the parallel port on the printer instead of the usb
port if that would work. (or visa versa) Check them out here..
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Category/category_slc.asp?CatId=471

May be a cheap fix.
JK

On 2/1/07, Phillip Newberry <phillip_newberry@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We purchased several of these linux based Winterms.
We have some Lexmark printers and Canon USB/LPT
printers which we can not get the winterms to print
too.  There is a wizard in the Linux config that
allows you to send a test page to the printer and it
fails.  Has anyone had any experience with this or
comments?

I called HP and they said they only support HP
printers on their T5100 terminals.

Does any one have a work around before we go out and
purchase all new printers?

Phil Newberry
Computer Network Engineer Consultant
MCSE NT&2000, MCP+IIS CNA, CAN

Your destiny is in your hands.  Just do it.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Jim Kenzig
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Services
http://www.thinhelp.com