[windows2000] GPO Policy

  • From: "Freitas, Eduardo" <Eduardo.Freitas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 09:48:24 -0500

Hello everyone,

I recently had a problem with GPO where apparently for no reason a user
logged in and the Office 2003 Professional was removed from his computer.

I have been doing some tests with Software Installation using GPO and I am
guessing that that is why that happened as, even tough the user did not
install the program through group policies, but manually.

The weird thing is that I have done that quite some time ago, but only when
the user got to the London office the application got removed. Could it be
because, we have a "slow link" to the domain controllers while on London the
DC is local?

Is there any way to make sure this will not happen with any other users??

Thanks very much,

Eduardo