[windows2000] Re: GPO

  • From: "James Lilly" <LillyJ@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Bill.beckett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 15:09:15 -0400

GP applies in the following order:  Local policy, Site, Domain, OU (in
order of OU nesting)

So, if you have settings lower in the hierarchy, they overwrite ones
above  (unless you Block Inheritance or set the No Override options)

Now, these overwrites are on a setting by setting basis, depending on
what settings are applied.

Therefore, you are correct, the settings just apply to the computer,
unless you use loopback processing, in which case those Group Policy
settings CAN apply to the users, but only when they log into the
Terminal Server.

Did that help make it clear as mud?  :)

James

>>> Bill.beckett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 10/7/2004 2:50:00 PM >>>
Group Policy clarification please. If I have a default and also have a
Terminal Server OU with its own group policy, do changes under the
User
Configuration apply if only the terminal server is under that OU?

Example...

OU=Terminal Server
Object=Citrix Server

There are no users under the Terminal Server OU. Does the GPO linked to
the
Terminal Server OU affect computer configuration only?