[windows2000] Re: File replication

  • From: "Ray at home" <listray@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 09:28:13 -0500

Thanks Mark.  I think I may just have to go buy a bunch of stuff.  It's
like 9 in the morning, and I'm just getting ready for bed.  I don't want
to go through this again.  It turned out that my memory in my server
went bad.  This is my home server, which originally had 2 256MB Crucial
DDR (2100) sticks.  One went bad about 8 months ago, and I never got
around to replacing it.  Now this other one failed.  I pulled one of the
two mirrored drives out and put it in another computer that I installed
W2K Server on so that my girlfriend could get to her files.  But all of
our e-mail was in an Exchange data store.  After I figured out my memory
was my problem I stuck the hard drive back in the original server.  I
attempted to rebuild the array since the drive I pulled out had changed
a bit.  That failed for some unknown reason, and now my second hard
drive has a whole bunch of "cannot read sector ###" problems or
something like that.  And then I was unable to boot with just the one
drive for some other unknown reason.  Everything plotted against me
tonight, and I don't want to go through this again.  Damn computers.

Ray at home