[windows2000] File Association Problems

  • From: "Stephen Taylor" <Stephen.Taylor@xxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 14:13:28 +0000

Hi There

I have some trouble with files associations on our W2K TSE with MF 1.8
servers.
The problem is that some file associations are being change either by a
program or by a user, and we can't find out who or what is doing it.

Is there any way that file associations can have some kind of security put
on them so that they can never be change by a program or user?
At the moment users can't change the file associations through Windows
Explorer - Tools - Folder Options - File types since this is greyed out by
default on the servers.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Stephen

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure
by others is prohibited. If you are not the intended or authorised
recipient please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of
this message