[windows2000] F-Secure Linux Clean Disc

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 14:41:05 -0400

My new favorite tool:
http://www.f-secure.com/linux-weblog/2008/06/19/f-secure-rescue-cd-300-r
eleased/

A bootable CD image with F-Secure's virus scanner on it.  It even
utilizes your internet connection to download the most up-to-date def
files before scanning.  Or it can grab them from a Thumb Drive.

And because it scans from a non-writeable media (CD) and a clean boot
(mini-linux) it can detect everything!

Most of my "can-you-fix-my-pc" calls are from people who have
spyware/virus infections, and the hardest part is actually getting virus
scanners installed... Especially with the recent trend of virii changing
dnsapi.dll to block name resolution to most AV vendors sites.

Put this one in your toolbox.  I just did three PC's in the time it
would take me to manually disinfect one.

(And no, these are not David Clark PC's... My systems are so locked down
they almost CAN'T get infected... <knock's on wood>)

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.

//www.freelists.org/list/windows2000