[windows2000] Re: Extremely Off-topic: Antistatic sandals for indoor use

  • From: Joanne Determann <jodetermann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 14:28:06 +0000

And ofcourse you have to wear them with socks for that German tourist look. ;)

Joanne

Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 15:19:58 +0100From: berny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [windows2000] Re: Extremely Off-topic:
Antistatic sandals for indoor useThey remind me of crocs....
On 10/04/2008, Jim Kenzig <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm looking here and they are kind of ugly...
http://old-pine-footwear.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=15_50

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 8:58 AM, Sorin Srbu <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Usually in Sweden, winter-time is a time of zapping everything up and downwith
static electricity wherever I go. If you recall Office Space and
thedoor-handle, you get the picture.While my old Birkenstock-sandals have seen
the best of days, I thought I'dgive Birkenstock' Alpro ESD-sandals a go.Got
them a week or so ago, and since I started wearing them, I've beencompletely
unzappable! The sandals actually work! Thought I might share thiswith you guys.
FWIW, the ESD-bracelets I have only work while chained to thetech-corner (aka
computer graveyard and place for tinkering) and are kinda'hindering. The
ESD-mat I have on the tech-table in the tech-corner is better,but it's only
*there*, in that particular place. The sandals however arealways with me
whether I go to the server rooms or skulk in my office.Essentially the
Birkenstock Alpro ESD-sandals work great and are well worththe price of approx
800SEK.HTH.--BW,
Sorin-----------------------------------------------------------# Sorin Srbu
                        [Systems Engineer, Sysadmin]# Dept of Medicinal
Chemistry,  Phone: +46 (0)18-4714482 >3 signals> GSM# Div of Org Pharm Chem,
            Mobile: +46 (0)701-718023# Box 574, Uppsala University,  Fax: +46
(0)18-4714482# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden     Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b#
                                      Web:
 ()  ASCII ribbon campaign - Against html E-mail# /\## MotD follows:# Counting
in octal is just like counting in decimal, if you don't use yourthumbs. -Tom
Lehrer.-- Jim Kenzig Microsoft MVP - Terminal
Serviceshttp://www.thinhelp.comCitrix Technology ProfessionalCEO The Kenzig
Grouphttp://www.kenzig.comBlog: http://www.techblink.com
Pack up or back up–use SkyDrive to transfer files or keep extra copies. Learn
how.
hthttp://www.windowslive.com/skydrive/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_skydrive_packup_042008