[windows2000] Event Error 221

  • From: "Dean Theophilou" <dino7@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 17:18:39 -0800

Hello:

I?ve been getting the following error on one of my servers lately but I can?
t seem to find any relevant information on it:

License usage for product SMBServer 5.0 is nearing the maximum number of per
server licenses purchased. Consult License Manager from the Administrative
Tools folder for more information.

Type: Warning
Source: LicenseService
Event ID: 221

I?m running Windows 2000 (which might be an SBS server; I didn?t install it
and I?m not sure how to check).  EventID.net hasn?t been helpful and the fix
MS KB article 305138 doesn?t apply to systems with SP-4.  Does anyone have
an idea what?s happening?  Thanks.

Dean Theophilou

you may not use, copy, or disclose to anyone the message or any information
contained in the message.  If you have received the message in error, please
advise the sender by e-mail reply to dino7@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, and then delete
the message.