[windows2000] Re: Double net sends

  • From: "Twigg, Craig" <Craig.Twigg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 09:47:01 +0100

why dont you try just talking to her

-----Original Message-----
From: Ray at home [mailto:listray@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 25 September 2003 00:45
To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [windows2000] Double net sends

Hi list,

So like, the two computers in question here are XP Pro.  Please don't
yell at me too much.

Any time I net send my girlfriend's computer, she receives the message
twice.  Here is what I have tried to stop this from happening:

1.  Restarted messenger service on my computer and hers
2.  Thought it was because her username and computer name are the same,
so I sent a message to her IP address - still double message
3.  Looked at netbios table on her computer.  Only one messenger service
registration <03>

What I did just now that worked was added a second messenger service
name for her computer with "net name."  When doing that, she only
receives one net send, so that's fine.  So, I guess now my question is,
although there is only one messenger service registration in her netbios
table, does that mean nothing since her username and computername are
the same?  I imagine that is the issue; however, her username and
computername have been the same since forever.  If there are any other
ideas, that'd be cool.  If not, I'll just give her a logon script that
registers another alias for me to net send.

Thanks,

Ray at home

This email and any files transmitted with it may contain information
which is privileged and confidential, the disclosure of which is
prohibited by law and intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in
error please note any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
message is strictly prohibited.  Please notify the sender immediately
if you have received this email by mistake and delete it from your
system.
Email transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
information can be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late
or incomplete, or contain viruses.  The sender therefore does not accept
liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message
which arise as a result of email transmission.  If verification is
required please request a hard copy version.
Thank you for your co-operation.