[windows2000] Re: Dell PE 2600 WS install

  • From: "Frank Ventura" <Frank.Ventura@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 16:09:00 -0500

Thanks, I really appreciate that.

Frank

From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Greg Reese
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 2:13 PM
To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [windows2000] Re: Dell PE 2600 WS install

we just loaded one of those here.  Those things are built like tanks.  I
seem to remember the person who built it fought with the floppies to get
the perc running.  I don't remember what exactly he did to get it
working but I will ask for you.

Greg

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 12:29 PM, Frank Ventura
<Frank.Ventura@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi everyone, I have the task of installing operating systems on two
older Dell Poweredge 2600 servers. One of them will be a WS 2003 std
install and the other will be a WS 2008enterprise install. Both servers
have factory installed Perc 4/i RAID Controllers. My question is will
the Windows installer recognize the RAID controllers or will I have to
have a floppy with the drivers during the installation.

Thanks

Frank