[windows2000] Re: Deleting a domain controller that no longer exists

  • From: "Ibrahim Abdi, Mustafa" <Mustafa.Ibrahim.Abdi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 14:40:05 -0400

Normally you should demote the server and it will be removed automatically. If
this is not possible and you receive this error when you try and remove the
server object in the Active Directory Sites and services console. It is
possible there are child objects in the server container and those would need
to be removed before you can remove the server itself. The only way to resolved
this is use NTDSUTIL and clean the Metadata and stuff.