[windows2000] Deleting a domain controller that no longer exists

  • From: Chad Pirowski <cpirowski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 11:48:26 -0500

How can I delete a DC that is no longer available to the domain?  We had an
NT4.0 server that was a domain controller in a mixed NT4.0 / Windows 2000
domain, but it in essence died.  Now when we try to delete it from Active
Directory, we receive the "DSA object could not be deleted" message.  Any
ideas?  Also, while we're on the subject, I have a different NT4 server on
the network that I would like to get rid of  as well, but we can't run
dcpromo on that one, can we?  Thanks in advance,

Chad Pirowski
IT Consultant
NexLink Solutions, LLC
703 Pro Med Lane, Ste 103