[windows2000] DNS Issues

  • From: "Rick Fogarty" <rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "W2K" <Windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 11:04:19 -0400

I setup our DNS box the other day.  It appears to be running ok and the
addresses I look for are found w/o issue.  However, I've recently see this
error message every time the server reboots.  (It's a test box, so it's
getting quite a few bounces)

I've looked at eventid.net and have come up with the following:
http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=5781&source=

I've tried the things mentioned here and I still seem to get these.  Anyone
know what's up...  I did read on Google that it appears to nothing that is a
big deal, but I'd like to fix it before I roll this out to production....

Event ID: 5781
Source NETLOGON
Type Warning
Description Dynamic registration or deregistration of one or more DNS
records failed because no DNS servers are available.

Dynamic registration or deletion of one or more DNS records associated with
DNS domain 'sandhills.edu.' failed.  These records are used by other
computers to locate this server as a domain controller (if the specified
domain is an Active Directory domain) or as an LDAP server (if the specified
domain is an application partition).

Dynamic registration or deletion of one or more DNS records associated with
DNS domain 'DomainDnsZones.sandhills.edu.' failed.  These records are used
by other computers to locate this server as a domain controller (if the
specified domain is an Active Directory domain) or as an LDAP server (if the
specified domain is an application partition).

Dynamic registration or deletion of one or more DNS records associated with
DNS domain 'ForestDnsZones.sandhills.edu.' failed.  These records are used