[windows2000] Re: Changing printer name in Win 2K

  • From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 12:47:53 -0800

From: "Costanzo, Ray" <rcostanzo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Stop shouting.  :P

I couldn't help it, I mean come on, who doesn't know how to rename a printer? (or at least couldn't figure it out after 30 seconds on google)

Will that rename stick if the printer is connected via a logon script
every day?

You'll have to change your logon scripts to match the new name, but yes. The connection is a mapping to the printer, not the actual printer itself.

As a side note, I've just discovere that Putty is WAY cooler than Cygwin for doing SSH connections to Linux boxes. You get full keyboard functionality + copy and paste works, very sweet!

Chris Berry
compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"Beware of Windows. IE...Outlook...Office...The dark side of the OS are they."
"Easily does it flow, quick to setup. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny."
"Consume you it will, as it did Ballmer and Gates."
"Is Windows stronger than Linux?"
"No!....Quicker, easier, more seductive."
"But how am I to know the good side from the bad?"
"You will KNOW. When you are root, at the command line, knowledgeable."

Has one of the new viruses infected your computer? Find out with a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee. Take the FreeScan now! http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963