[windows2000] Re: Changing printer name in Win 2K

  • From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 14:27:29 -0800

From: "Bennett, Cameron" <CBennett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Thanks for posting your help.  I am well aware of the option of renaming
printers that you described.  Unfortunately, the rename option for a Novell
print queue does not appear when I right click on the printers in question.
That is why I requested assistance.

Ah, I don't remember seeing that in the original message, wouldn't that be done from the Novell side?

Had you asked me why I hadn't just tried to rename it in the normal fashion
I could have explained this to you and saved you the trouble of having to
fire off a rude and unnecessary message at my expense.

Actually, in the original answer I wasn't trying to be snide, I always capitalize key press series like that for readability, but Ray took it the wrong way and I like messing with him, hehe. I'm not much of a Novell guru, but I know a bit, if you'd like to post a more complete problem report I'll try to help you further.

Chris Berry
compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"Beware of Windows. IE...Outlook...Office...The dark side of the OS are they."
"Easily does it flow, quick to setup. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny."
"Consume you it will, as it did Ballmer and Gates."
"Is Windows stronger than Linux?"
"No!....Quicker, easier, more seductive."
"But how am I to know the good side from the bad?"
"You will KNOW. When you are root, at the command line, knowledgeable."

Say ?goodbye? to busy signals and slow downloads with a high-speed Internet connection! Prices start at less than $1 a day average. https://broadband.msn.com (Prices may vary by service area.)