[windows2000] Can't view shares on one computer

  • From: "Art Bain" <artbain2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 10:03:38 -0400

I have a small network that consists of 5 XP, 2 W2K, 2 9x, and one NT4 server. This isn't a domain, just a workgroup. One of the 2000 boxes can't be accessed, but this computer can access any of the other computers on the network. I can't even ping its IP (static), but can ping others from this pc. It has file and print sharing installed, all the correct networking installed, and all the users and passwords configured. I've switched NICs and cabling with no success. What the heck am I missing?

Art

Help protect your PC. Get a FREE computer virus scan online from McAfee. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963