[windows2000] Re: Blocking Internet Browsing from Explorer.exe

  • From: Mark Lee <marklee15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 14:47:10 +0000 (GMT)

Yup, when they should be listening to teaching staff or doing serious praticles
they (or a select bunch of them) just mess around in IE for no apparent reason,
major disruption for the other students !

Sorin Srbu <Sorin.Srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
May I ask *why* you want to prevent users from surfing?

--Original Message Text---
From: Mark Lee
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 14:34:04 +0000 (GMT)

Cheers, but the cunning buggers just found a new one, type a url
into word then click it !!!!

"Saurer, John B." wrote: Do you need the
address bar for anything else? Prevent it's display with a policy
file. We are still on NT4.0 here and I use policy files to limit
and lock down everything. Works like a charm. If you cannot find a
*.adm file that has this option you can find the appropriate
registry key and write your own. Lots of info about this on the
web.