[windows2000] Re: Biostar Microtech

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 08:50:15 -0500

Spyware...

http://www.lavasoftusa.com <http://www.lavasoftusa.com>

Downlaod and run adaware...

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Stockard [mailto:jstockard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 8:45 AM
To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [windows2000] Re: Biostar Microtech

It is running Windows XP.  (Sorry, but this list has a better quality of
members (better answers and more prolific) than the Windows XP list).  When
I go into Task manager, the only CPU listing is System Idle Time.  The
memory is showing up as 85 MB in use.  I have 512 MB installed.  The
Performance graph shows up as 2% in use.  I found an article which says the
LCD and my modem type may have problems, and I found another which says the
Hot Keys and the screen display do not like each other.  I turned off the
Hot keys, disabled the modem and stopped the display icon from starting in
the Task Bar.  Sorin suggested I empty my Prefetch folder, so I did.  It
only had 4 MB in there.
Sometimes it starts up fine, then I have to wait 5 to 10 minutes before the
Start button will work.  When it is locked up, I can open Task Manager, but
it stays there when I close Task Manager.  The mouse moves, but clicking
does not work.  If I click something a lot of times, it will open a bunch of
them when it frees up.  It works great, then simply locks up at random.
Thank you
Jeff
Jesus Loves You

  _____