[windows2000] Re: Backup

  • From: "Ray at work" <listray@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 14:51:45 -0500

I currently have a bunch of xcopy's setup to backup my files at home.
The problem with this, however, is that is if I delete a file, it will
still exist on the "backup."  I haven't gotten around to writing an
"unbackup" script.

In its simplest form, backup.bat:

SET SOURCEDIR=%1
SET TARGETDIR=%2
SET LOGPATH=%3
IF {%SOURCEDIR%}=={/?} GOTO :Usage
IF {%SOURCEDIR%}=={} GOTO :Usage
IF {%LOGPATH%}=={} (SET LOGPATH=nul)
echo %date% %time%>>%LOGPATH%
xcopy /C /H /E /D /Y /F %SOURCEDIR% %TARGETDIR%>>%LOGPATH%
echo.>>%LOGPATH%
goto :eof
:usage
echo.
echo Usage:
echo.
echo backup C:\Source\Directory\To\Backup
C:\Target\Directory\For\Backups [C:\Log\Results\To\file.txt]
echo.

Ray at work