[windows2000] Re: Auto-shutdown pc's with GPO

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 11:26:31 +0100

Isn't hibernate good enough? What's the actual saving on shutting down
completely vs hibernate?

Anyway, roll out a startup script and add an at-job to be run at 1900hrs. I
believe MS has some shutdown tools. Or just use Sysinternals psexec and
psshutdown.

The way I do (similar stuff) it, is to occasionally use Hyena to get an updated
list of all computers on the domain and dump that list to text file, eg
computers.txt. Then I have a scheduled task on my computer to run

"C:\Program Files\pstools\psexec" @c:\computers.txt -s
"%programfiles%\pstools\psshutdown -f -k"

Or something like that.
--
/Sorin