[windows2000] Re: Anybody there?

  • From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 13:29:40 -0800

From: "Jim Kenzig http://thethin.net"; <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Go to my computer/click on tools menu Choose folder options. Click on File
Types tab, scroll down to DOC and click on the change button and navigate to
the msword executable and choose it. Click apply.

That's cool, didn't even know about that menu, doesn't solve the problem though. The file type is already associated with OpenOffice, and that works fine if you double-click a file, it's just when he tries to use open with, if he selects MS Word, he gets wordpad.

Chris Berry
compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator
JM Associates & Coast Business Service

"When your only tool is a hammer, all of your problems start looking like nails." --Mark Twain

Worried about inbox overload? Get MSN Extra Storage now! http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es