[windows2000] Access to WSS2 from Workgroup to Domain

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 08:57:34 +0200

Hi all,

I have WSS2 installed on a server that is a member of a domain. Computers in
our subnet (running windows) that are members of a workgroup are *not*
allowed to add Events and Announcements to the portal.

I managed to allow the workgroup-connected machines to at least view the
contents on the portal by allowing anonymous access in the site
administration, and setting it to "allow access to the entire site". This
works fine, even our linux-machines can handle this.

However, I'm not sure how to set this up so that users that are using
workgroup-computers can *add* stuff too.

I've tried to tweak how logons are made to the wss-server from the
workgroups, but the only thing that works is "Anonymous logon" and
"Automatic logon only in Intranet zone" and only for viewing. Any try to add
contents pops up a login box. Entering domain-credentials (domain\username
and pwd) does not work, the login box just pops back up.

Am I missing anything here? Is what I'm trying to achieve here at all
doable?

TIA.

BW,

Sorin

# Sorin Srbu, Systems Engineer  Web: http://www.orgfarm.uu.se
# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry,  Phone: +46 (0)18-4714482 >3 signals> GSM
# Div of Org Pharm Chem,                Mobile: +46 (0)701-718023
# Box 574, Uppsala University,  Fax: +46 (0)18-4714482
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden     Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
#
# ()  ASCII ribbon campaign - Against html E-mail
# /\
#
# Harmless tagline follows:
#
# There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioural problems,
except when the IT-staff is authorized to perform electro-shock therapy on the
erring induhvidual.