[windows2000] Re: AW: Re: W2k3 and DNS

  • From: "Rick Fogarty" <rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 15:17:57 -0400

Yeah, I know that.  I understand the whole concept of DNS.  I also
understand that AD will not run w/o DNS.  I do have a couple of direct
questions but I want to ensure I have them researched first.  As for the
book, I do have one.  I just have some additional theory questions that
don't appear to be covered in the book.

So, my first question is...

I have three relatively small domains that I'd like to consolidate into one
larger domain.  With that, I'm expecting two domain controllers.  Each will
be a primary DNS server for one of the subnets we support while the other DC
will be a secondary DNS to the other subnet.  Essentially, ensuring a
redundant DNS system for my users.  So, can this be done?   And, if I'm
using a DHCP server that assigns our IP addresses to all of the subnets, how
do I ensure Subnet A uses DC A as it's primary and DC B as it's secondary
(and vice versus)

Thanks
Rick