Re: won't play music in folders

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 19:55:29 -0600

Howdy Bud

I'm glad everything turned out all right and everything's fixed. Yep, sometimes sound card drivers, for whatever reason, can go bad. I haven't had it happen to me *knock on wood* but I know it's common. Glad it's fixed though!!!!

At 06:47 PM 11/30/2005, you wrote:
Hi Chris and Marty and all who answered my problem.

Fortunately everything is working now. I had a sighted friend over today and he found several problems including a corrupted sound card driver. Now all is well including my problem with station info in winamp. We reinstalled winamp and he did some tweaking here and there and things are ok now. I wish I knew all he did so I could pass it on to others who seem to be having the same problem with station info. I think basically Chris he did uncheck a few things in prefferences including the one you had mentioned with station info.
Thanks guys for your interest. Hope I can return the favor some day.

Bud
At 02:28 PM 11/30/2005, you wrote:
Hey Bud

I wonder if those particular files have all been corrupted somehow? Try playing files that you absolutely know are good and see what happens. You can tell if a file has been corrupted if it has a 0 byte count. This means that the file is actually on your drive, but for whatever strange reason, nothing is in it. You can tell how big a file is by going to the file in question, hit your context menu key, 2 keys to the left of the left arrow key and from the menu, choose properties. If the file is 1 or 2 mb and it looks normal, then the file is fine. but if it says 0 bytes or if it's really really small, then either the file is corrupted or something else is wrong.
Hope this gets you in the right direction.

At 10:35 AM 11/30/2005, you wrote:
Hi Marty,

I tried that and still nothing. It does play the music in the winamp library however. I have reinstalled but will try it again and see what happens.

Thanks for the interest.

Bud
At 11:33 PM 11/29/2005, you wrote:
Hi, Bud, if the winamp window is showing with your title bar, then, could it be that winamp's volume is down? If this is so, try starting a file, then pressing the up arrow, and holding it in, and see if you start hearing music, if not, maybe a reinstallation of winamp might be in order.
On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 10:27:13 -0800, Bud Schwab wrote:

>Hi Gang,
>
>Another question, when I go to a folder that has some music I've
>recorded and press enter to play it it announces winamp as though it
>was going to play, but it doesn't play it. I have some files that I
>used to play so something has happened recently. Maybe it's since I
>have installed the new 5.112 version. Any ideas? Where does one go
>to make winamp the primary player?
>Thanks.
>

>Bud Schwab
>W 6 Z Y P
>Malibu, California

> To unsubscribe from this mailing list, please send a message to:
> Archives located at:
> //www.freelists.org/archives/winamp4theblind >
>the way the list is being run, do not post them to the list directly. Instead, please contact
>the list owners at winamp4theblind-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx .

Marty

Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P