winamp not displaying cddb info

  • From: "Scott Blanks" <scottsjb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 18:50:16 -0800

Hi folks,

I'm using Winamp 5.08, and I cannot seem to get Winamp to display the CDDB info
when playing a cd. It simply says track 1, track 2, etc. Even if I go into
the file info dialog box and click on the cddb button, nothing is retrieved.
The message is simply please wait ... then a close button appears, no error,
nothing.

I'll mention that I have just recently reinstalled windows on my laptop after
the hard drive failed. I believe I have installed all drivers etc, and the
cd drive is working properly otherwise, I just can't get the artist/title info
that I want.

Any ideas?
Scott