Re: winamp 5.07 is it accessible?

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:24:41 -0600

Hi Bill
If I were you man, I would do as Rob and the others have suggested, and
also, my suggestion would be to make good use of that dectalk express.
Nothing better in this world than a hardware synthesizer!!!!
But of course that's just me. Really if you follow Rob's suggestions,
you'll be fine.  Just to let you and everyone else know, when Winamp goes
from a version like 5.03 let's say, to 5.07 or 5.08, there are very very
minor bug fixes, none of which will effect the use with a screenreader at
all, these are sometimes so incredibly minor that only a few people might
notice the changes. and even then it might be difficult to find any real
differences.  For example, when we went from 5.07, to 5.08, all Nullsoft
did was add songs to the version of Winamp, like when you download it, you
get a song with it. and that's it. So no real major bug fixes or
anything.  you can always check the what's new file if you're real curious,
but half the time it doesn't make a lot of sense to anyone but a developer,
unless you learn their developer-speak.
* JTFE v0.96c???
What the?
See, only a developer at Nullsoft would get that. That's from an earlier
version by the way.  Either way, there isn't much difference between
versions, so lots of the time you never ever have to worry about
accessibility issues when you go from version to version. This is one of
the few programs out there you can download and install with the knowledge
that it'll work. and it's also one of the very few programs where, if you
uninstall before re-installing the new one, you could actually lose some of
the settings you've saved. so when you install it, just install right over
the top of your previous version and it just goes like that. How nice that
is! Keeps things nice and simple.