winamp 5.04

  • From: Reg Webb <reg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 09:41:04 +0100

Hi Christy

Two things about your message.  First, just so nobody gets confused
we're talking about Winamp5.04, and the other version you refer to is
5.02.  This implies that the developers are on their way from version
5.0, and making small changes.  When the next big change occurs, they
will call it version 5.1.  In other words, this zero lets you know that
you're dealing with intermediate adjustments between 5.0 and 5.1, a
version which doesn't exist yet.

Second, changes within the configuration dialogue of a plug in are to do
with the version of that plug in, not the version of Winamp.  If the
Winamp plug in you're configuring has the same version number as the one
you have always used, then you can expect it to behave in exactly the
same way, unless they change something radical with Winamp itself, in
which case, the plug in may not work at all.

I'm not trying to be a crabby old limey, picking at you for no reason.
I'm just trying to make a couple of things clearer.

Reg

In message <000f01c47d1c$c6f3f6d0$9865fea9@new4>, Christy
<cl2317@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

--