winamp 5.02, SQR cross fader, and volume control

  • From: "Rob Robinson" <robert.trj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "winamp" <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 13:08:28 -0400

Ok y'all, I am gonna make a liar out of myself, but I have made some sort of
discovery. I have no idea exactly how I did it, but here goes. I have the SQR
cross fader selected as my output pluggin. I did the configurations like
everyone has been recommendiing. The one thing I did do, that was never
mentioned, was go into the device tab, and select the sound card, instead of
the microsoft sound mapper. I made sure the volume controls were checked, and
closed the dialogue box. Now, I can listen to my playlist, and, using the jaws
hot keys, ctrl plus alt plus the M, comma, period, or the slash, can adjust the
winamp volume seperately from the jaws volume. Everything else is working fine,
except for an error that pops up from tiem to time, but I will cover that
later. Someone else please try this, and verify that I am just hearing things,
or if I have made a helpful discovery. Let's hear back from someone!
Sincerely,
Robert Robinson
robert.trj@xxxxxxxxx
MSN Screen Name: