what might I be doing incorrectly?

  • From: "Marty Rimpau" <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "winamp for the blind list" <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 17:34:16 -0700

Hi all, I know I wrote a message about this, and never got a response,
so I'll try one more time, and that is, I had written regarding a
problem where I couldn't use line recording, because even though it
showed up in the title bar, my voice wouldn't go out over the air, as
exhibited by several files I had recorded for testing purposes, so, it
was suggested I check what you hear, and I've done that, and the what
you hear volume is as loud as it will go, yet, when I play the file
back, I still hear gaps between the songs, so, what am I doing
incorrectly, or, what am I not supposed to do?  Here's what I do, I
have the shoutcast server set up, and I stream at the default of 24
kbps at 22050 hertz mono with ten listeners, and so with nothing
selected, in preferences, I first select the sqr version 1.65 cross
fader plugin, then from the dsp portion of the tree-view, I press the
letter A twice, for the audio stocker shout muxer.dll, the shoutcast
window comes up, I close the window, and go in to the system tray,
double left click on the shoutcast source, and press the connect
button, after starting the shoutcast server, and updating my ip
address, with dyndns.org, and start my test playlist, and I hear the
songs cross fade like a radio station, yet, when I play the mp3 back,
since I haven't announced, there are gaps in the stream, and the what
you hear option is checked in the recording properties of my sound
blaster live card, and when I check in the play options, wave direct
sound is at 0, the microphone is at 112, the line in is muted, for some
reason, and when I unmute it, the microphone gets muted, so I unmute
the microphone, but everything else is at 0, the highest it will go
according to window-eyes, so, either something isn't showing in play
that should be showing, or something isn't loud enough, and the only
thing I can think of, is that the pc speaker volume is at 32, but I
don't see what difference that makes, since I don't know why I would
use that, but if something isn't showing, that should, please let me
know, because I don't know why, the listeners can't hear what I hear.
Now, in the sqr cross fader plug-in, there is no second in command, but
that shouldn't make a difference, but when there was a second in
command, like the audio stocker and shoutcast muxer.dll, if what you
hear wasn't selected, and the advanced controls weren't checked, then
the listeners would hear the segways, but not my voice, so, I don't
know what's going on, with winamp 2.92, windows 98 se, window-eyes
4.5sp3, 192 megs of ram, and a 400 megs processor, the shoutcast
version 1.80 plugin, and the sqr crossfader version 1.65.  I wonder
what setting isn't correct, and can't think of a reason why this won't
work.  Thanks for helping in advance, but I'm sorry to bother the list
with this  message again.  Incidently, I forgot to mention that after
going in to the shoutcast source window, I have to check the advanced
check box every time, unless I leave the audio stocker shoutcast
muxer.dll selected, but after finishing a broadcast, i turn everything
off.
Marty