Re: what I found about my time problem

  • From: Brad Dunse <bram4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 06:33:52 -0500

OK. This is a long shot, but I had issues with timing shown on some long
mp3s. They would never get to the end and when I'd check the timing on it
periodically it would jump from say 44 mins to 38 mins then go down to 24
mins  then back up to something like 43 mins, and, it would never get to
the end of the mp3 and of course start over, because? I had the repeat set
on, and between that and the buffering, it would never get to the end and
always mess up the timing. If this doesn't have anything to do with your
problem, sorry it was a shot in the dark, but perhaps it is of benefit to
someone else with similar issue.

Brad

Curtis Delzer wrote:
>I wish it were the problem, I uninstalled, re-installed, but without
>removing the plug_ins directory. Now I am about to re-install with
>everything deleted, but not operating yet on the registry. Definitely,
>this problem is
>new to me, in this version of Winamp, I mean. I would hate to have to go
>back to 2.95 or something like that. *smile*
>
>Curtis Delzer
>On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 09:11:36 -0700, Marty Rimpau wrote:
>
>Hi, I wonder if this is Curt's problem, that he wrote about yesterday,
>if he is using the mp3 pro plugin, and might removing this bring things
>back to normal?
>On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 04:57:13 -0400, Dan Eickmeier wrote:
>
> >Ya Steve, there are certainly some major bugs in that plugin, and hey, I
> >guess that's another one...
> >Grin
>
> >at 04:34 AM 9/19/2004, stever2525 wrote:
> >>First of all, I am using Winamp5.05. I uninstalled the mp3pro audio
> >>decoder_v1_2 and my problem disappeared. I checked the time of a file which
> >>was 116:34 in length. That was the same length with or without the decoder.
> >>With the decoder, when I entered 116:34, then uninstalled it, that part of
> >>the file was actually 114:34. So the timing wasn't even accurate with the
> >>mp3pro and everything became confused, which I gave more detail in an
> >>earlier post, If there is a setting to correct this problem, I would
> like to
> >>reinstall the decoder.
> >>To have everything in one place, here is that original post, before my
> >>findings.
> >>

> >>I have an mp3 file which is longer than the time shown. When playing the
> >>file, after the file has gone beyond the time shown, if I press right
> arrow,
> >>the file will jump back to the point where it starts being longer than
> >>shown. If I let it play a little longer, then check time, it will say
> >>something, like, jump to time dialogue 114:22 jump to :edit 116:33. The
> only
> >>changes I have made this week, is to add the mp3pro plug in. What's going
> >>on?  thank you

> >>  To unsubscribe from this mailing list, please send a message to:
> >>subject line.
> >>  Archives located at:
> >>//www.freelists.org/archives/winamp4theblind>
> >>  If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the list, or
> >>the way the list is being run, do not post them to the list directly.
> >>Instead, please contact
> >>the list owners at winamp4theblind-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> >Dan In Brantford, Ontario, Canada.
> >Amateur radio station VA3ets.
> >EchoLink node number:6165

> > To unsubscribe from this mailing list, please send a message to:
> subject line.
> > Archives located at:
> >//www.freelists.org/archives/winamp4theblind>
> >the way the list is being run, do not post them to the list directly.
> [...]

   Start spreading the news! HTTP://WWW.RIVERCITIESCONNECTION.COM is offering
  Northwest Wisconsin and Greater Twin Cities FREE classified advertising!!