tonight's overnight flight

  • From: Scott Lawlor <sklawlor@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Winamp for the Blind <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, mediaReq <mediareq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 14:27:56 -0500

Hello.

Tonight I'll be hosting a rather unusual edition of the show, it's another
artist retrospective, this time with Japanese industrial noise artist Merzbow.

Now, for those who have heard Merzbow, don't unplug your modems and disconnect
your speakers just yet.  I've gone through my collection and carefully selected
tracks that represent, for the most part, the softer side of this artists
output, if you can believe such a thing exists.  In other words, the show will
not be comprised of a solid wall of noise which sounds like a metal shop on
steroids, but rather, I've selected tracks that fall more into the ambient or
droney aspect of his music.  There are a couple of noisier tracks thrown in for
a more complete representation and none of the material is from the gargantuan
50 cd set called the merzbox.

The show starts at midnight central time and runs until 3 in the morning.

Here's the info for tuning in.
for dialup
http://91.121.139.31:9524
for broadband