tonight's nocturnal dreams

  • From: Scott Lawlor <sklawlor@xxxxxxx>
  • To: announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 13:04:36 -0600

Hello.

Tonight's show is going to be a little different than normal in that it isn't
going to specifically be a completely classical show.

I am going to focus on the works of synthesis and composer Suzanne Ciani.

There are a couple of reasons I'm doing this on nocturnal dreams and not on the
blind flight where I ordinarily play electronic music.

The first is that since her music is so cool, I want to expose as many people
to it as I can and since I seem to have higher listener counts for nocturnal
dreams, I figured this was the best show for that.

Secondly, though she does play synthesizer, and though a lot of her works are
electronic, she does have a fair amount of piano and acoustic songs out and was
highly inspired by classical composers such as Beethoven, Mozart, and Bach.  To
that end, I will also be featuring some classical works by some of the
composers who inspired her and if there's time, I might play a couple of my own
works that were inspired by her music as well.

So I hope you'll join me for what is sure to be a bit of a different spin on
Nocturnal Dreams tonight, starting at 8 PM eastern time on
www.mushroomfm.com

Thanks for listening.

Scott