tonight's blind flight

  • From: Scott Lawlor <sklawlor@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <"Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@freelists.org>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 14:41:05 -0500

Hi.

On tonight's show, I'll be profiling the work of Californian composer and
multiinstrumentalist Robert Rich starting at 8 PM eastern time and going until
1 in the morning.

He's got an amazing amount of music available in a wide range of styles from
ambient, to drone, to a bit of tribal, and even a bit of solo piano music.

from
www.robertrich.com

:Across three decades and over 30 albums, Robert Rich has helped define the
genres of ambient music, dark-ambient, tribal and trance, yet his music remains
hard to categorize. Part of his unique sound comes from using home-made
acoustic and electronic instruments, microtonal harmonies, computer-based
signal processing, chaotic systems and feedback networks. Rich began building
his own analog synthesizers in 1976, when he was 13 years old, and later
studied for a year at Stanford's Center for Computer Research in Music and
Acoustics (CCRMA).:

I'll be playing works from 1981 to 2008 during this 5 hour artist retrospective
and it'll be a cool introduction to his music.

So join me for a unique ambient/electronic experience on
www.mushroomfm.com

Thanks for listening.

Scott