Re: the MAD plugin

  • From: Bob Kanish <BobKanish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 17:13:30 -0800

Hi Larry. How is the Mad plugin in terms of properly adding things to the media library, as I believe that function is carried out by in_mp3.dll? thanks.

--Bob
At 04:18 PM 11/1/2006, you wrote:
The MAD plugin is a substitute for the in_mp3.dll file that will definitely give you a noticeable improvement in the sound quality of your mp3 files. I'm just gonna go out on a limb and just say that if your experience is anything like mine, it will be as if you went out and bought yourself a new system, the improvement has just been that drastic here.

I am using some midsize Techniqe bookshelf speakers, along with an older Kenwood Receiver/amplifier, which still performs quite well despite it's age.

All I can say is that it has made everything sound so much richer. I guess you could compare it as something like going from analog to high definition TV. As if I would know anything about that <g>. I just can't believe the difference. Just give it a try and see what ya think.

At 05:20 PM 11/1/2006, you wrote:
Hi Larry

For those a little less informed, could you explain the idea of what the Mad plugin is? I always heard about it but never understood what it was. From what you've said on the pc-audio list which is where the thread originally started, it sounds to me like it has something to do with improving the quality of mp3 files? I use pretty specific settings for the Winamp equalizer, and I have settings pretty well tuned to how I like them, so I probably won't need this. But curiocity is getting the better of me.

Thanks.

At 04:37 PM 11/1/2006, you wrote:
Hello listers,

I have pasted below a Sendspace link for downloading the MAD plugin. I've had a number of requests to send, but all but one of my file attachments have bounced for being too big. I don't really understand why because the file is only 145kb in size. Anyway, I hope it will make as great a positive difference in your listening experience as it has my own.

http://www.sendspace.com/fil
e/ubktdo

http://www.eset.com