Re: tara plugin web address

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 12:18:28 -0500

Yeah, I did a google search on it when I got my computer back up and
running, and for the time being, it appears that all development on the
Tara  plugin has ceased.
I noticed the very same thing Reg did, when installing the Tara plugin, I
was not able to access certain file types unless I went to the files of
type combo box and selected only that file type. This is obviously a bug,
so if you want to get rid of it, you have 2 choices.  1. Uninstall the
plugin and just avoid the real audio format all together.
or 2.  Download and install Real Player version 10. You will all be shocked
when you learn that I have real player 10 on my system and further shock of
all shocks, it actually behaves itself.  When I installed it I made
absolutely sure it would only play real media, and so far, knock on wood
it  only plays that so things are good in that department.
Now I hasten to add that any specific real player questions you have should
*not* be sent to this list, and you can guess why *smile*.
                                         now if you *absolutely* must have
the Tara Plugin, do a google search for Tara Real Audio Plugin and you
should be able to  locate it.
Hope that helps.