Re: setting buffer

  • From: "Marty Rimpau" <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 11:07:27 -0700

Hi, Steve, here is what to do, first, go into preferences with control
p, and then navigate to the plugins section of the tree-view, and once
there, if it is closed, expand it with the right arrow, and press the
letter i for input, which will place you on the input plugins, which is
where you want to be.  Then, tab twice to the list-view of plugins, and
the mp3 encoder is the one you want, which happens to be the first
plugin in the list, which will be unselected, so, press the space bar
to select it, and tab to the configure button, and press the space bar,
upon which, you'll be in a tab control.  Focus on the general tab, for
focusing purposes, then press control shift tab, to put you on the
right most tab in that tab control, the streaming tab, and once there,
tab to the track bars, I forget what they say, but if you hear
something like track bar, 80 per cent, then press the end key, the
middle key on the bottom row of the 6 pack, and tab to the second track
bar, and do the same for this as well, pressing the end key on the 6
pack.  Then tab to the okay button, and press the space bar, and then
tab to the close button, and press the space bar, and you're done, and
now, winamp will buffer as much of the stream as it can so that there
is less break up when you're listening.  Some people, in that streaming
tab, change the number in the edit box from 64 to 128, but if you do
this, then the stream will take a long time to buffer, so I left mine
at 64.          On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 07:16:17 -0700, stever2525 wrote:
>Hi, this is Steve. I have DSL, using JAWS5. With most streams there isn't
>any problem, but sometimes the station stops and starts, which I know has to
>do with the buffering. Is there way to change the settings for the best
>results? This is a completely new area for me. thank you

> To unsubscribe from this mailing list, please send a message to:
>line.
> Archives located at:
>//www.freelists.org/archives/winamp4theblind>
>the way the list is being run, do not post them to the list directly. Instead,
>please contact
>the list owners at winamp4theblind-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Marty