Re: more questions about the dsp stacker

  • From: "Marty Rimpau" <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 14:29:19 -0700

Hi, Raul, so then after choosing the dsp stacker, close preferences,
then find the add button?  I was thinking that the add dialog would be
in the configuration screen, but it is not, and a second thing, would
that mean that once the dsp stacker is configured, that when you pick
it in the future, that the sam encoders will come up, the way that
shoutcast did when you used the shoutcast muxer.dll, because, here's my
setup, one instance of winamp, and first, I want to add the audio
stocker, and then the sam encoders, and for now, won't worry about the
lack of compression on the mic, as long as I hear some compression on
the music, that is good enough for me right now.
On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 10:59:34 -0600, Raul A. Gallegos wrote:
>Marty and all.  When you use the dsp stacker you only pick that in the
>winamp preferences dialog.  After you choose the stacker then you can
>safely close the dsp effects dialog of Winamp.
>
>The order of the dsp effects you use now with the stacker get configured
>from the stacker itself.  By default you cannot easily find the add,
>remove, move up, and move down graphics because they need to be labeled
>with Window-Eyes.  I do not know how jfw handles this.  Once you label
>the graphics you can easily find them with the mouse, click the add
>graphic, and a dialog comes up listing your dsp effects if they are
>installed.  Choose them in the order you want to have the audio
>processed.
>
>That is it.
>
>BTW.  I still have a zipped up version of my Broadcasting Winamp which
>I'd be happy to share.  It has the stacker configured to use Tomass'
>limiter followed by the Sam Encoders by default.  However it also
>includes the Audio Stalker and the Shoutcast plugins as well.
>
>This setup has the linerec input plugin installed in it as well.
>Strictly speaking, it's meant just for broadcasting and not for playing
>files.
>
>Cheers.
>
>--
>Raul A. Gallegos - http://www.asmodean.net
>All outgoing E-Mail is PGP-signed so that you know it really came from
>me and not a virus.  Public key at: http://asmodean.net/raul-pgp.ascTo post a
>message to the list, send it to winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>line.
> Archives located at:
>//www.freelists.org/archives/winamp4theblind>
>the way the list is being run, do not post them to the list directly. Instead,
>please contact
>the list owners at winamp4theblind-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Marty