Re: major discovery!

  • From: Bruce Toews <DogRiver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 12:05:08 -0600 (CST)

No, but if I'm a sighted person and I first see "This is completely inaccessible", followed by "Oops, I missed something, it's accessible, but tricky", my thought is, If they missed something to start with, what else have they missed and is this really a problem or are they just missing things? Whereas if the story is straight from the beginning there's more credibility in it.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006, Chris Skarstad wrote:

hi Bruce. Well in this case, I don't really see it as changing our tune and going completely back on what we said, because there are still most definitely accessibility concerns. The interface isn't perfect and it can be quite confusing to a beginning user who may be smart enough to know how to operate Winamp, but not how to route cursors and do all kinds of clicks.
I operated Winamp for about 2 years without even knowing how to use the playlist editor or the equalizer.
So this is a breakthrough, but not a complete turn around.

At 07:52 AM 2/25/2006, you wrote:
This is a good reason for hashing this stuff out in a forum such as this one *before* running to the Winamp forums. I know it's great to say use the forums, use the forums, use the forums, but it makes us look a little silly if we haven't doen all our homework first when we take an accessibility-related problem to the sighted world and then have to change our tune halfway through.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews